Thursday, September 1, 2011

DIY coffee filter lampshade

Once again, I have recreated a DIY project from the amazing Liz Marie :)
When I first saw these gorgeous lamps shades - made out of coffee filters I knew I had to make some of my own! The plain white lampshades that came with these genie lamps weren't very exciting and were starting to yellow.
Isn't it gorgeous? Looks like a ruffly store-bought lampshade but it's really just a boring lampshade covered in hundreds of coffee filters. Yes, hundreds. After using an unused pack of 200 I had lying around I had to make not one, but two trips back to the store to complete two of these. Plus, I didn't quite know how to make the top look presentable so I fancied them up by adding some crystal gems to the top. I wish I had taken before and after pictures, along with step-by-step instructions, but if you want to know the details, visit Liz Marie's blog post here!

My unorganized nightstand at my previous apartment shared with the ex. But hey, at least the lamp is pretty! :)

Moving out of our apartment and dealing with a breakup after a 2 1/2 year relationship has kind of threw my life out of whack so the DIY projects won't be happening as often now that I don't have my own place to decorate. However, beauty-related posts are on their way!


No comments:

Post a Comment