Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The beginning of a DIY summer

My obsession with DIY projects started with the discovery of Liz Marie Blog. This girl has amazing talent and creativity...I'm so jealous! If you haven't already, check out her blog! My apartment is incredibly boring and ugly. All of our walls are white, and are required to stay that way, so I have to start doing some creative things to liven up the place.
  



I found these mason jars at my other new obsession: Hobby Lobby. If I remember correctly, they were only $1.99 each! I painted the inside a spring green and placing these sunflowers and hydrangeas inside. I can't take care of real flowers, so these lovelies on top of my book shelf help liven up my boring apartment!



I can't remember the blog where I found the idea for this spectacular mirror, but I saved a picture in my "inspiration" folder on my computer's desktop and couldn't wait to recreate it! All it took was plain round frameless mirror, clothespins, and hot glue. I decided to step it up a notch because the unpainted clothespins were a little boring. I picked up some gold Krylon webbing spray paint, thinking it would give a neat effect. Boy, was I right! I felt like Spiderman spraying these clothespins becuase the paint literally shot out like a spiderweb. I'm very happy with the finished product and the paint gave it some nice texture. I hung this above the towelbar in the bathroom, and unfortunately it's a little to high for my short self to use, but at least it looks pretty!


I plan on doing a few more DIY projects this week, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment