Thursday, July 21, 2011

Small Sephora Haul!

Probably the only good thing about being a college student is the ability to trade in old textbooks for money. Or in my case, trading them in on Amazon.com and getting credit for their website. Since you can't trade that credit in for cash or pay bills with it, I figured I'd take half the money and buy a few things through Sephora, which is affiliated with Amazon.
All the goodies together :)

 
Benefit Erase Paste
Whether I get 10 hours or 10 minutes of sleep, I always have huge dark circles under my eyes - I guess it's just genetics. I've tried countless drugstore concealers trying to make myself appear more awake and presentable, but to no avail. I've heard many rave reviews on this product and figured I'd finally splurge and give it a shot. I purchased this in No.2 (medium) despite my ultra fair skin because it had more of a salmon tone, which cancels out the purplish color of under eye circles. I can't wait to use this tomorrow morning!

 
 

 
Sephora Face Complexion Brush
I always wash my face, but for some reason it just never feels clean enough. For $5, I had to add this to my "cart". Now I can scrub away! Not to mention it sure beats the price of a $225 Clarisonic! No thank you.

 
 
Sephora Beauty in a Box
Summer Goddess Palette
I paid $10 for this whole set - a $50 value that was originally priced at $36. Yay for being patient and waiting for it to go on sale! This kit contains:
  • Eyeshadows in "Swimming Pool Blue" and "Coppery Sun"
  • Eyeliner pencil (blue)
  • Mascara Lash Plumper (black)
  • Bronzing powder
  • Powder brush
  • Eyeshadow brush
From what I can tell so far, everything seems like good quality except the eyeshadow brush. The bronzer and eyeshadows are very pigmented and the eyeliner is a gorgeous shade I plan to use mainly as a pop of color on the lower lash line. The eyeshadow brush seems a little hard and wiry but I haven't actually used it yet so that's just my first impression. This kit also includes step-by-step instructions on how to apply everything!
 

 
Sephora Mineral Matte Setting Powder
I've been looking for a good setting powder for a while since my coveted Revlon PhotoReady one shattered. I really like the Revlon one, but wanted to try something else. None of the drugstore brands had one that interested me, and I refuse to pay high-end money for a setting powder you can't even see. This Sephora one is one the higher end, but with a drugstore price - can't go wrong with that! Hopefully this keeps my makeup from melting off my face in this horrible humidity.




No comments:

Post a Comment